The goal, is to deliver criticism in . Jersey

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The goal, is to deliver criticism in . Jersey

linchao
Join Me In The Conference RoomSometimes http://www.bearscheapstores.com/pat-o_donnell-jersey-cheap , it almost seems like Chicago is cursed to have polarizing Quarterbacks for all eternity. Rex Grossman. Kyle Orton. Brian Hoyer.Jay Cutler. Mike Glennon (OK. Maybe not Glennon). And now, Mitch Trubisky. Half of Bears fans are remaining patient with the youngster, believing he’ll develop into a franchise QB with more experience. The other half believe he’s complete trash that is incapable of developing into a competent starter in the NFL. The more things change, the more they stay the same.In light of that polarization, we’re going to have a quick look at his tape (and that of one Patrick Mahomes), and have an honest, yet delicate conversation using a management technique known as the Compliment Sandwich. For those unfamiliar, you offer a compliment, then a critique, and then another compliment. The goal, is to deliver criticism in a more palatable way, with the goal that it will be accepted more easily than straight criticism. And yes, I learn all my business etiquette from Family Guy.We don’t all have MBAs, ya know!This is far from an exhaustive list, but hopefully we can take an objective look at his play, point out the good, point out the bad, and everyone can find some common ground. Or I’ll just piss off everyone equally. Honestly, that’s probably more likely.We’ll find out soon enough.Sandwich 1Compliment Trubisky has thrown some excellent tight window passes. When he knows where he’s going, and has time to set his feet, he can deliver very accurate balls.Critique Though it wasn’t a completion, this was also a good tight window throw with excellent ball placement. However, both Howard AND Miller were open in the flats for much easier completions with a yard after the catch potential that Burton didn’t have. So this is a failure of vision more than execution.Compliment For as good as Patrick Mahomes looks (and he does look good), he hasn’t been asked to throw into many tight windows through two games. His receivers consistently get excellent separation (90% open throw rate beyond the LOS, meaning a step or more of separation, by far the best in the league), which is a luxury Trubisky hasn’t been afforded often. This makes some of the comparisons between the two a bit tougher to judge:Sandwich 2Compliment This back shoulder fade to Allen Robinson is a thing of beauty. He’s clearly capable of putting touch on intermediate and deep passes when he’s comfortable. This ball couldn’t have been placed anywhere else and been caught.Critique This ATTEMPTED back shoulder fade to Allen Robinson is the exact opposite of a thing of beauty. The pocket held for 4 seconds, he went through his progressions calmly, but by the time he realized Robinson had a step on the defender, the pocket was shrinking and he hurried the throw. The lack of drive caused it to fall well short http://www.bearscheapstores.com/bryce-callahan-jersey-cheap , and, you know the rest. Speeding up his recognition would help this a lot.Compliment This floater to Cohen was really nice. He nearly threw to him on the hitch route early, but pulled it back when Cohen lost his footing a bit. Immediately after, the pressure started to get close, so he wiggled out to get some space. He continued to look down field while drifting to his right, and put up a nice 25 air yarder to an ad libbing Cohen who turned his hitch route into an elongated hitch n’ go.Sandwich 3Compliment This touchdown pass to Anthony Miller is fantastic. He’s rolling to his left, sees Miller come open, and delivers a strike that travels 20 yards through the air with a guy in his face. It’s the kind of play you want your QB to be able to make in the redzone to help close out a game (someone needs to get Miller a dance instructor though, because, damn).Critique This throw into coverage in the endzone was... not good on, like, a bunch of levels. First, he had Gabriel open in the endzone for basically, the ENTIRE play. Just look at him, standing there, all alone at the top of the screen. He seemed to look in his direction for a moment, but was flushed by the pressure from the edge. He escaped it and rolled to his left, but never really reset. So when he FINALLY went to Gabriel (or Cohen, by this time they were both in the vicinity), the ball was very low. Had he set his feet and drove the ball, he could have placed it over the defenders heads where only Gabriel had a shot at it (or simply looked his way at the beginning of the play). This SHOULD have been a TD. Instead, it was nearly a pick.Compliment Tyreek Hill catches this ball. Not that it was a particularly wise throw from either QB, but none the less, this shows some of the differences between Trubisky and Mahomes respective situations, and why comparisons between the two need to keep context in mind.Sandwich 4Compliment In just his 3rd pass of the season, Trubisky delivered a nice ball to Gabriel on a deep out. The ball traveled 28 yards in the air, and the play wound up going for 31 yards total. Another sign that when he knows where he’s going, and feels comfortable, he can deliver deep and intermediate passes with force and accuracy.Critique All these overthrows. Not good. Not good at all. Gotta settle down, set your feet and drive the ball young man.Compliment Trubisky isn’t alone in sailing the ball. Mahomes has more than a few overthrows as well. All Qbs over throw receivers occasionally http://www.bearscheapstores.com/nick-kwiatkoski-jersey-cheap , especially young ones. So both these guys should see these things clean up with experience.There now, don’t we all feel better? We got some constructive criticism out there for the bad, while softening the blow with praise for the good. There’s plenty that needs worked on, but in this world of hot takes and twitter rage, we shouldn’t lose sight of the positives. Obviously there are reasons for concern, but there’s more than enough promise to build off of here for MT10... so lets all try and keep some perspective moving forward.Every errant pass doesn’t make him trash, and every rifle shot into a tight window doesn’t make him an all-pro. He’s simply a young QB, in a new offense, learning on the job. We should all expect inconsistency at least for a while. In the mean time, we should endeavor to keep our hot takes luke warm, and try and enjoy the ride. Just remember, you don’t get extra points if your predictions about Trubisky come true, so try not to fall victim to defending a preconceived belief regardless of what is actually happening. No one cares if you were right in July, no matter which way you leaned.If he does something good, praise him. If he does something bad, chide him. Don’t simply wait for something to happen that fits your pre-arranged narrative, and pounce.And, as always, remember the immortal words of Abraham Lincoln: Be excellent to each other.(Note:Writing isn’t particularly my thing, so you shouldn’t expect a TON of non-graphics related articles from me.I do, however, occasionally have an idea pop into my head that I feel compelled to jot down, grammar mistakes and all.This just happened to be one of those times.) Whether it's due to a leaking defense or quarterback Mitchell Trubisky's ill-advised throws into pass coverage, the Chicago Bears are in need of a confidence infusion.Playing a 3-4 New York Jets team with its own struggles could go a long way in solving this, but the 3-3 Bears say they've reached a point where they're only concerned with what they control in their search for answers."We can't dwell on the past," linebacker Danny Trevathan said. "We've just got to keep moving forward. It's a long season. We're not in a bad situation."It could be a better situation if the defense regains its swagger. Two straight losses and 69 total points allowed put the defense on its heels."A lot of guys are probably a little down today, probably are disappointed but not discouraged," cornerback Prince Amukamara said. "We know that we're a team that's going to continue to fight."Players had a talk from defensive coordinator Vic Fangio aimed at keeping up spirits."So right now we've just got to continue to build off that and don't let the confidence and swagger go away because that's when things really get bad for us," safety Eddie Jackson said.The defense can trace its downfall to Khalil Mack's ankle injury. Although he has continued playing, he hasn't been the same force as in the first four games.Mack couldn't practice Wednesday http://www.bearscheapstores.com/bobby-massie-jersey-cheap , and coach Matt Nagy said it's likely Mack will take the same route as last week when he rested Wednesday and Thursday, practiced on a limited basis Friday and then played."We've got to pick up the slack," Trevathan said.Chicago's defense is now ranked No. 12 after being in the top five much of the season's first quarter. The Bears are eighth in sacks (19) after leading through four games."It plays its part," Jackson said of Mack's injury. "It definitely plays its part, especially when a guy like Mack when he's out."The Bears were hardly a poor pass rushing team before Mack came via trade from Oakland. They tied for seventh in sacks with 42 last year and played the same defense under Fangio with virtually all of the same players.So they say getting pressure on Jets rookie quarterback Sam Darnold Sunday with Mack limited shouldn't be considered impossible."It's a team, it's 11 guys on the defensive side of the ball," Jackson said. "So when a guy like (Mack) goes out, we've got to put him on our back and just show him, like, it's not just you, it's going to be all of us."Offensively, Trubisky and the passing game could benefit if the Bears begin to run the ball more effectively. Their ranking as the sixth-best rushing team is deceiving because Trubisky has accounted for 245 yards, mostly on scrambles.Jordan Howard averages 3.5 yards and has 90 carries, but last year after six games under former coach John Fox he was averaging 4.2 yards a carry and ran 28 more times. The effect of a struggling running attack has been apparent when the Bears had leads against the Dolphins and Patriots before losing."We need to finish," guard Kyle Long said. "We've had leads in all of (the losses) and we haven't been able to score more points to extend the lead on offense."Nagy called a better running attack a matter of timing up the blocks in a new offense."All of it, the guys are trying, and I know our numbers are skewed a little bit from the quarterback runs, but for the most part we feel like we need to create more of an identity there," Nagy said of the running attack.Trubisky looked at the positive side of the passing game. The Bears scored 31 even while he spent much of the time scrambling and throwing on the run, so if they can complete some from the pocket they'll be ahead of the game."Basically as how I described it, as playing backyard football, me running around just trying to find completions and not being very sound with my footwork and drop-backs," Trubisky said.With Kansas City last year as offensive coordinator, Nagy went through a much worse stretch with six losses in seven games before the Chiefs made the playoffs."There was never any panic, never," Nagy said. "There is not going to be any panic here, either."Nagy pointed out the Bears also won three straight earlier."Good people stick together," Nagy said. "They rally through this kind of stuff and you just keep playing."NOTES: Wide receiver Allen Robinson (groin) did not practice. Robinson in Sunday's game aggravated the injury he suffered two weeks ago. ... Guard Eric Kush (neck) did not practice. Cornerback Marcus Cooper (hamstring) had limited participation in practice. ... Linebacker Roquan Smith has been listed by the Bears as suffering from a wrist injury, but he was able to practice Wednesday.
I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.